Indiana Association of REALTORS® Conference & Expo
and Real Estate (RE) BarCamp Indiana
September 17-20, 2013
Sheraton Indianapolis Hotel at Keystone Crossing
||Registration & Hospitality Desk open
||Exhibitor Booths open
||IAR Executive Committee meeting
||Team Dynamics: Building Successful Teams in Today's Marketplace - 3 Elective CE & GRI hours
From Instructor Pam Ermen: If you’ve think you have NO interest in building a real estate team, are you interested in GROWTH? The Real Estate Team business model IS the most practical vehicle for growing your business to the next level in today’s market. Yes, I said TODAY’S Market! However, growing a team without the proper knowledge, guidance or experience can turn it into one of the greatest distractions you’ll ever experience in your business and an emotional drain on you personally and financially. What could possibly make such a big difference in the outcome of your team income? Even if you currently have a team, join us to learn all about the 5 stages of growing a successful team TODAY!
||Taping of Past IAR Presidents for centennial celebration video
Emmy Award® and Telly award-winning producer, videographer and editor, Vinnie Manganello, will be interviewing past IAR Presidents for a centennial celebration video to be shown during next year’s annual association conference in September. Past Presidents will be scheduled in 20-minute increments on a first-come, first-served basis and given questions in advance to which to respond.
||Indiana REALTORS® Leadership Academy (IRLA) Class of 2013 meeting
||Indiana CRS chapter membership meeting
||Lunch on your own -OR- Lunch and Learn with RPAC*
State fundraising chair Brian Thompson of Bloomington invites all conference attendees to join him for lunch and a brief presentation on the REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC) – what it is, how it works and its impact here in Indiana.
*This meal is included with purchase of a full conference pass, day pass for Wednesday, or Wednesday individual session passes.
Local Association Executive (AE) track of programming begins with aforementioned Lunch and Learn with RPAC. See Myron Larimer, AE of the Greater South Bend-Mishawaka Association of REALTORS®, for a detailed program - email@example.com.
||Planning On Purpose: Life Changing Business Planning - 4 Elective CE & GRI hours
From Instructor Pam Ermen: As much as you may LOVE real estate, I’m sure there are days when you question whether there’s an easier way to make a living, especially with the challenges in today’s market! Discover your love for real estate all over again! True business planning is actually the blueprint for a successful life, and
through this effective 5-step process, you’ll discover how to clearly define YOUR vision and develop
the success strategies necessary to create the life YOU want . . . then fund it!
||Bridging Communications and Cultural Gaps
Martin George, CEO of the Language Training Center, will cover some key points on working with people from different cultures, as well as some of the requirements for providing interpreters. This session will touch on fair housing and other federal laws governing real estate transactions plus the fiduciary duties members have to clients.
IAR has worked with LTC to provide listing and purchase agreements in Spanish as interpretive tools for members who work with Spanish-speaking clients, and to provide interpreters to members who work with deaf clients. While the company is Indianapolis-based, its reach is global: LTC has worked with clients in six out of seven world continents and recently announced a partnership with the Ladies Professional Golf Association to assist with the LPGA’s language and cultural education efforts.
||Risk Reduction: Avoiding E&O Claims Specific to Indiana
Lisa Scoble of Pearl Insurance, an IAR member benefit provider, will discuss common Indiana Errors and Omissions (E&O) claims and risk reduction tips to avoid legal action.
||REALTOR® Code of Ethics Centennial Celebration and Professional Standards Review
The REALTOR® Code of Ethics is in its 100th year of existence. IAR general counsel Richelle Cohen Mossler will go over how members can participate in NAR’s centennial celebration of the Code, as well as discuss new case interpretations. Richelle will also review and interpret Indiana Professional Standards statistics.
||Registration & Hospitality Desk re-open
||Local REALTORS® of the Year meeting and pictures
||Exhibitor & Banquet Reception
Celebrate your profession and individual member achievement at the annual IAR Recognition Banquet. Find out who will be named the state REALTOR® of the Year and who, if anyone, will receive the prestigious Distinguished Service Award. Also, the 2013 IAR committee chairs will be recognized, the Indiana REALTORS® Leadership Academy class of 2013 will graduate, the IRLA class of 2014 will be introduced and attending past Presidents and their spouses and/or guests will be acknowledged.
Tuesday, 9/17 Schedule
Thursday, 9/19 Schedule
Friday, 9/20 Schedule
- Full conference pass, $149: includes all educational and for-credit sessions on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, RPAC luncheon, reception, and Recognition Banquet on Wednesday, and BarCamp sessions on Thursday; is the suggested registration option for GRI designation candidates; does not include ABR® designation course on Thursday and Friday
- Day passes
- Tuesday, $65: includes all educational and for-credit sessions
- Wednesday, $65: includes all educational and for-credit sessions, RPAC luncheon, and reception; does not include Recognition Banquet
- Thursday, Free: includes all BarCamp sessions; does not include morning for-credit sessions – individual session passes required
- Individual session passes
- Turn On Your Social Influence: The Klout Spout, $30: includes 3 Elective CE & GRI hours
- Keeping Up With The Digital Consumer, $40: includes 4 Elective CE & GRI hours
- Planning On Purpose: Life Changing Business Planning, $30: includes 3 Elective CE & GRI hours and RPAC luncheon
- Team Dynamics: Building Successful Teams in Today’s Marketplace, $40: includes 4 Elective CE & GRI hours, RPAC luncheon and reception
- Indiana License Law: Update On Implementation Of Recent Changes, $20: fulfills Mandatory part of new 8-hour CE requirement of Legacy Brokers; otherwise includes 2 Elective CE & GRI hours
- Floodplains & Insurance: A Panel Discussion With Leading Experts, $20: includes 2 Elective CE & GRI hours
- Recognition Banquet only, $60: included with purchase of Full conference pass; complimentary for the following people who may register for the banquet only with IAR’s Alyson Welker at 317-913-3237 – local REALTORS® of the Year and their guest and members of the Indiana REALTORS® Leadership Academy (IRLA) class of 2013
- Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR®) designation course, $225 special IAR Conference pricing (regularly $295): includes lunch both days - Thursday and Friday, 14 GRI hours and 12 Elective CE hours - 6 of which fulfill Elective part of new 8-hour CE requirement of Legacy Brokers
Hotel accommodations and parking
Sheraton Indianapolis Hotel at Keystone Crossing
8787 Keystone Crossing, Indianapolis, IN 46240
$113/night + tax special rate for those who reserve by August 26th
FREE self parking in connected garage
$32/day valet parking
Sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities
317-409-1182 cell or text