Young professionals are the future of the real estate business. But in a field where the average age is 52, younger real estate practitioners often strive for a way to connect with each other and tap into valuable resources that will help them succeed in business.
REALTOR® Magazine launched the Young Professionals Network (YPN) in 2006 as a way to help the younger generation of REALTORS® build a stronger link with the magazine and the real estate industry, in general. YPN is a member-driven group of career-minded real estate professionals who want to serve the community, educate themselves on the latest technology and industry practices, and network with fellow REALTORS®. As a member, YPN will give you the tools and encouragement to become involved in four core areas:
- REALTOR® Associations: Attend REALTOR® conferences and pursue leadership roles with their local, state and national associations.
- Real Estate Industry:Take an active role in policy discussions and advocacy issues; be informed about the latest industry news and trends.
- Peers:Network and learn from one another by attending events, participating in online communication and seeking out mentoring opportunities.
- Community:Become exceptional members of their community by setting a high level of REALTOR® professionalism and volunteering for causes they feel passionate about.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Exclusive invitations to YPN events.
- Stay abreast of industry happenings. Through the blog on the YPN national site members stay in the loop on hot issues. YPN also has special educational sessions at REALTOR® conferences that address strategies for success in real estate.
- Have your own sounding board. Young professionals have unique challenges in real estate. By belonging to a network of peers who face similar issues, members can bounce ideas off one another and provide support to each other.
- Get involved. Many people who are new to the industry want to get involved with their local, state or national association but either don't know how to go about it or they find it too intimidating. YPN encourages members to explore leadership opportunities at all levels.
Metropolitan Indianapolis Board of REALTORS® YPN
Contact: Myron Larimer
|Southern Indiana REALTORS® Association YPN
Contact: Shawn Cornell
FIND US ON FACEBOOK
Indiana Association of REALTORS® Young Professionals Network